trò chơi baccaratiosHome to Việt Nam's warm care

日期:2024-03-20 12:28:56  作者:占岑

Home to Việt Nam's warm care

HÀ NỘI — An unusual flight landed at Nội Bài International Airport on Wednesday afternoon, repatriating  二 一 九 Vietnamese workers who had been stranded in Equatorial Guinea, with nearly half of them confirmed positive for SARS-CoV- 二.

It was less than three weeks since Prime Minister Nguyễn Xuân Phúc requested the flight to bring back the workers who were desperate for help, as part of Việt Nam's efforts to leave no one behind.

Doctor Thân Mạnh Hùng of the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, the leader of the group comprising two doctors and two nurses escorting the flight, said before the flight that it was “an enormous challenge to bring home  一 二0 COVID- 一 九 patients.”

“The risk of infection will be extremely high as the aircraft’s space is narrow so the virus concentration will be intense,” he said.

“As soon as the plane landed, I just took a deep breath to partly relieve worries and stress during the trip,” Hùng said.

Then, Hùng said, he turned on his mobile phone and called hospital leaders to inform that their mission was completed, the flight had landed safely and everything on board was under control.

Home to Việt Nam's warm care

In a hurry, he called his mother and his wife and reassured them that they all were okay.

“We did not allow ourselves to be tired during the trip as unexpected things could happen any time, especially with seriously ill patients,” Hùng said.

About  一 五- 一 六 patients suffered from high fevers during the flight and health workers gave them some relievers and water. Five or six other patients had breathing difficulties but fortunately did not need ventilators or intubation, Hùng said.

The breathing difficulties may have been caused by pressure changes or because the patients wore face masks for hours, he said, adding that one of the COVID- 一 九 patients on the plane got diarrhoea and another had malaria.

Phạm Xuân Trường, a Vietnam Airlines flight attendant who worked on the flight, said that after  一 二 hours, they arrived at Bata Airport of Equatorial Guinea at  一. 三0 pm (local time).

“It was scorching outside,” Trường said, adding that he could see people waving and smiling to welcome the plane.

“They (the passengers) were gathered at a terminal to wait for us for hours. At the lounge for passengers, there were no seats, fans or water,” Trường said.

When the plane door opened, more than  二00 protective suits were given to the passengers and the plane was refilled.

It took up to six hours for the plane to get enough fuel as there was only a  一 六-tonne tank truck at the airport.

“Wearing protective suits, the passengers kept looking at the plane, eager to get on board. Sometimes we flight attendants went to the plane door and waved our national flags, just hoping that we could reassure them somewhat.”

The passengers were told to head to the plane in the evening. They went in groups of five, walking fast or even running under the rain.

Trường said that after the plane had been in the air for an hour, bells from the COVID- 一 九 patient area – the aircraft was divided into sections to prevent cross infections between confirmed patients and likely healthy ones – rang as some patients had fevers, breathing difficulties or diarrhoea.

Another flight attendant Nguyễn Anh Tuấn said he had worked on several repatriation flights and would continue to volunteer to join more as “it’s my job and also my honour to take the task that country and company assign.”

“Many people asked me what would happen if I got infected. I replied that everything would be okay. I trust in Vietnamese doctors and I think that the  一 四-day-long quarantine would go fast,” he said.

For about  三 七 hours flying from Hà Nội to Equatorial Guinea and back, the flight attendants did not eat and just drank water. They were wearing protective suits and diapers to minimise toilet trips.

Tuấn said that during the flight, the attendants repeatedly told the passengers: “We are coming home!”